For the second episode of our SCCALE 20-30-50 podcast series, hosted by Energy Cities, we wanted to discuss the culture of energy citizenship. How can we make change happen together, not only as individuals but as team players?
We invited Dr BinBin Pearce, researcher at TU Delft and Margot Vingerhoedt, Head of communications, marketing and press for the Belgian cooperative Ecopower. While BinBin has been looking into the sociological dimension of collaboration using inputs from environmental science, Margot works to convince people to join the renewable energy cooperative and to play their part in the energy transition.
In the episode, you will have the opportunity to learn more about:
- The concept of customer vs prosumer
- Energy interdependence, and how our choices impact our community
- The different ways we can participate in energy democratisation
- How to go past the “usual suspects” and have more diversity within energy communities
- How local governments can support energy democracy – with insights coming from SCCALE 20 30 50’s pilots