Join us in Brussels for a panel on local energy ownership at the European Sustainable Energy Week 2023!
During this hour and a half-session we will discuss how local energy ownership can contribute to a just and secure energy transition. This is especially important now that the EU’s dependence on imported energy sources and the implications of this on energy prices have become even more visible in light of the energy crisis. The session will focus on how the active participation of citizens and local governments in the energy market can be empowered through the implementation of the Clean Energy Package provisions for energy communities and be impacted by the upcoming Electricity Market Design reform. Responding to EUSEW’s theme, special attention will be paid to how energy communities could play a part in delivering a cost-efficient and green energy supply, reducing energy poverty and promoting energy security for all.
We will hear from:
- Ada Amon, Chief Advisor to the Mayor of Budapest on Climate Affairs – Budapest City Hall
- Dimitris Katsaprakakis, Professor- Hellenic Mediterranean University (Greece)
- Dr. Aike Müller, Senior Policy Officer – German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, BMWK
- Stavroula Pappa, Policy Advisor – REScoop.eu – European Federation of Energy Cooperatives
- Vedad Suljić, Project Manager – Regional Education and Information Centre for Sustainable Development in South-East Europe, REIC
- Adela Tesarova, Head of Unit for Consumers, Local Initiatives, Just Transition, European Commission
The session will be moderated by Energy Cities